Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Hugo Winner Book Review: The Big Time by Fritz Leiber



This book marks the tenth novel in my quest to read all of the Hugo Award winners.

The Big Time was the winner of best novel for 1958. I found this book a little difficult to read and hard to follow. All the action takes place in one small location over a continuous period of time. Without giving away any spoilers, I thought the concept of the novel was interesting -- and it had a lot of similarities to Asimov's The End of Eternity, which was published three years earlier.

Incidentally, this novel won for 1958 and the last one I reviewed here was for 1956. There was no Hugo winner for best novel in 1957.

I'll get an opportunity to read another novel by the same author when I get to the winner for 1965 and will give him another chance.

No comments: