Sunday, April 1, 2018

Rebuilding The Heathit AT-1 Transmitter - Teardown

I took a deep breath and totally tore the unit down to the bare metal chassis.

While doing so, I noticed a couple of capacitors with open leads - one power supply filter cap and one (large red) mica cap. I'm not sure if these were in this condition before I started the teardown.

I removed all wires and components from the terminal strips, switches, tube sockets as I will have to reuse some of them. The component leads were straightened and they were all set aside.

I kept all parts, although I'm not planning to reuse any of the fixed caps or resistors.

No comments: